We Indians love our food, and not being able to eat things that we love is the common problem faced by tourists travelling abroad. But not to worry about it when you are visiting SA, as the local Indian cuisine is easily available in South Africa and you can enjoy the same while you travel across the country. You can savor some of your favourite Indian dishes in South Africa at the below mentioned restaurants.
- The Royal India: As the name suggests, everything about this North Indian restaurant is royal. It is located in Johannesburg and has branches across Gauteng. The restaurant is known for popular Indian dishes like prawn masala and butter chicken. There is a wide menu for you to choose from.
- Taste of India: This restaurant will tantalise your taste buds because they prepare all the meals as you order. Hence, everything is fresh and delicious. You can find any Indian main course dish you can think of. The restaurant is very popular and remains crowded throughout the week.
- Maharajah: This restaurant in Cape Town has been serving the most delicious meals for more than forty years. It has a menu that offers some of the best North Indian and South Indian dishes including signature dishes like lamb off the bone and fish curry. The dishes are bursting with flavor and they combine a range of spices which means the food tastes exceptionally delicious. It is right below the table mountain, promising you a good view whenever you walk in.
- Bombay Chilli: This North Indian bistro is known for the best Indian food which includes naan and curries. It is located in Muizenberg and it offers affordable food options which are mouthwatering. The menu includes a number of curries which are served with rice. It also serves a range of fillings like roti rolls with potato, chicken and lamb fillings and chicken tikka.
- Thava – The Indian restaurant is in Johannesburg and offers the best North Indian and South Indian cuisines. It is famous for tandoori dishes, as well as curries.
Enjoy the taste of India in the stunning landscape of South Africa, so that you don’t feel homesick at all.0